Learning More About Thich Nhat Hanh (“Thay”)
There are many valuable resources for learning more about Thay.
- Plum Village: Thay was the founder of the Plum Village Community of Engaged Buddhism. The original community, Plum Village, also has many monastic practice centers around the world.
- Plum Village App: Yes, there’s an app! In addition to having access to several of Thay’s teachings, you can also find a brilliant podcast called The Way Out Is In, hosted by Jo Confino and Brother Phap Huu. This podcast focuses on how to practically apply Buddhist teaching to our everyday lives.
- Plum Village YouTube: Here can be found lectures by Thay and other monastics on a variety of subjects.
- Parallax Press: Parallax is a nonprofit publisher founded by Thay. Parallax carries most of his written work, plus a host of other authors committed to transforming and healing through collective insight and activism.
- The Order of Interbeing: The Order, founded by Thay, is a community of monastics and lay people who have committed to living their lives in accord with the Fourteen Mindfulness Trainings, a distillation of the Bodhisattva (Enlightened Being) teachings of Mahayana Buddhism.